Friday, 5 March 2010

If The Day Was An Hour Shorter...

by @PonderBoxes

Last week’s earthquake in Chile was quite simply devastating. So much so that words can’t suffice. It goes without saying that a tragedy on such a scale will have a profound and lasting impact on the Earth’s inhabitants. But perhaps more surprising was that it has also had a profound and lasting impact on the Earth itself. So forceful was the earthquake that some scientists believe the earth was knocked off its axis brining about shorter days. In reality we’re talking about microseconds, but, nevertheless it got us thinking. If the day was an hour shorter…

If the day was an hour shorter… it would be a great excuse to start completely disregarding my personal hygiene. I could tell concerned friends and co-workers that I had to cut out the hour where I shower, clean my teeth and wipe crumbs out of my beard.

If the day was an hour shorter...there'd be more opportunity to lurk under cover of darkness and trip any passing dwarves.

Sarah Kingston
If the day was an hour shorter… the office workers of London, already on the brink of a sunless existence during the winter months, would be certain never to see daylight. Now the close kin of the walking dead, they would flock to the falsely lit pubs for solace, and beer sales would rise - nothing much, it seems, would change.

If the day was an hour shorter… I would be far more productive because I would have less time to procrastinate.

M. Foot
If the day was an hour shorter… George Osborne would still be a cunt.

Alan Scott
If the day was an hour shorter… there would be approximately 14,709 less people born each day. So we'd loose 14,709 people who might one day have ended poverty or cured a disease. Tackled prejudice and discrimination, promoted equality or helped someone who wasn’t themselves.

Steph
If the day was an hour shorter… I’d sleep less, eat less but work the same. Making me a slightly sleepy version of my old self.

If the day was an hour shorter... we'd still find the time to build walls around each other.

Rachel Surtees
If the day was an hour shorter… Cinderella would have remained a princess and I would forever mourn the loss of midnight’s chime.

http://www.redcross.org.uk/donatesection.asp?id=103135

Click here to go to first post

4 comments:

  1. Rachel Surtees5 March 2010 at 12:53

    If the day was an hour shorter...

    ReplyDelete
  2. M. Foot's was definitely the best. May he rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd invest everything I own in the clock industry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If the day was an hour shorter... I'd feel like I was working an hour longer... Not Good! :o(

    ReplyDelete